Monday, December 20, 2010

Fatboi Fresh


So I had the pleasure to have Fatboi Fresh for my first live interview and boy was it an experience. He taught me a bit of that "Chicago Pimp Talk" and allowed me to take a dive into his brain where "humanity and insanity" meet. From the Westside of Chicago he is truly a unique and interesting individual. Having a love for music at an early age he has been rapping since the age of nine, with musical influences ranging from Kris Kross, MC Hammer to OutKast.

Chicago has a reputation for birthing greatness such as Twista, Kayne West, and Common however he feels no pressure and states, “I don’t fit the mode of Chicago rappers… I like them, but I’m not like them … I am constantly going through evolution and changing my self”. He refuses to be placed into a “box” by not letting labels and genres define him. Dude has an energy like no other and his style and flow is quite distinctive. Aspiring to reach a wide range of audiences he has something that everyone can vibe to. I honestly didn't know what to expect but FatBoi Fresh truly impressed me. He's HOT and I believe he is the next big thing ... he is a much needed piece to the puzzle in the game right now...So Stay Tuned...

Check out a snippet of the interview (Yea he had me blushing )


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More