Sunday, March 20, 2011

6th Annual Jazz in the Gardens Festival 2011 - Day 1


Day 1 at the 6th Annual Jazz in the Gardens Festival was more than amazing!! Just being apart of an event of this caliber was overwhelming but I truly had a good time and I was soaking up every minute being VIP in the media tent and much love to the SINGERSROOM for making that happen!! 

Nycole Whitney -- (Singersroom VIP Section) 

Nycole Whitney (Singersroom) Interview with Lalah Hathaway 


The highlight of my day is my interview with Lalah Hathaway .... (YES!!! My first official celebrity interview...yay Go ME!!) but she was so sweet, humble and had such a warm and inviting spirit. My nerves and gitters went out the window and I "killt" it ... I may be just made for this!!! 



Didn't get a chance to interview Al Jarreau .... all he wanted to do was use the bathroom!! Lol... but he is too cute and I loved his performance ... ok I lied .. I wasn't paying attention! 


Vendors and Food EVERYWHERE I was convinced I was in "FOOD HEAVEN"... but I died laughing at the the "Collard Greens and Rice" sign!!! 


Pork Chop ... Fries... and a shit load of GREASE and Ketchup = $10 
The look on my face after she told me the price = PRICELESS

Heads of State (Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant, Johnny Gill)

and yup... I got to ask the first question!!! Go me!! 

Heads of State performance was great .... Bobby Brown was actually quite tamed besides the infamous "tongue flickering" (O_O) ...yes Johnny Gill is still sexy and Ralph Tresvant is still too cool!! They still got it =) 


Charlie Wilson aka "My Uncle Charlie" is the definition of R&B for sure... I was completely in awe during his performance. Every note, adlib, harmony and dance step was on point. He didn't miss a beat and kept me singing along and on my feet the entire time. I was so into his performance that I didn't even take one picture of him =( But it was totally worth it ... a lot of these new R&B cats need to take notes from Charlie. He is a true seasoned artist and the control he has over his voice is amazing. His band was great, his dancers were on point, and his back-singer (his nephew) was a beast!!! Best performance of the night!!!! 


And the moment everybody was waiting for ..dun ..dun..dun.. the one and only Lauryn Hill. After being fashionable late (almost 1hr 30 mins) but I admit, she indeed put on a show!! She switched her style up a bit, it was cool but I just wanted her to SING and chill out with all the chanting and rapping. But of course she performed her all her hits, paid her respect to The Fugees as well as the late Bob Marley. And I personally thought her band was TOO loud and it was very hard to hear .... but nonetheless she was dope!! 

Her outfit was odd but fly at the same time and only Lauryn Hill could pull this off!! Loved it!! 



Check out me and my girl R. Lopez grooving to "Ex-Factor"

6 comments:

Jazz fest looks like fun. Who had the best performance

You must didn't read .... but Charlie Wilson was the best, hands down!!!

This is great work Nycole! I love jazz wish i could have been there!

looks and sound like u had a blast Whit! omg i loved Lauryn Hills look too.

@Locstar Oh yes!! She was too FAB!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More