Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I'm Single Because ....


"The civil war story between black men and women"


There are many people who would say that being single is liberating, and yes in some cases it is. But there are many single people who aren't choosing to be single but merely have yet to find that one who is willing commit to a relationship for whatever reason. 

Am I single? Yes, but I am a 25 year-old woman who has decided that after a failed 3 1/2 year (on and off again relationship) that my career and happinesses is much more important. But don't get it twisted, a relationship would be awesome, but of course with a guy who is willing to add to me intellectually, spiritually, emotionally etc. 


Nevertheless, this post isn't about me and my love life but about a new film project that is in the works!!  

So after listening to the Michael Baisden Show, they spoke with Adam Bulter who is the Director/Producer of an independent film entitled, "Im Single Because" which discusses the issues of why there are so many single black people. The film raises many questions and concerns and is a great round table discussion. Are black women's expectations too high? Can black men be faithful? And are black men and women in a civil war? 


I personally think this is a great case study and interesting to hear the various view points and reasonings of why black women and men are single. Check out the Trailer Below: 


SUPPORT & DONATE!!!

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More